The Tarrant County Homeless Coalition (TCHC) is a not-for-profit, 501c(3) organization formed in 1989. TCHC leads, coordinates and develops strategies and resources to end homelessness. TCHC plans, funds and administers programs that assist homeless individuals and families in their transition from homelessness to housing. TCHC is the lead agency in the HUD-funded Fort Worth/Arlington/Tarrant County Continuum of Care for programs providing shelter, housing and services to homeless persons.
This coordination is called the Continuum of Care (CoC). The CoC planning process creates a strategic system of care to provide homeless people with housing and services appropriate to their needs.
TCHC Strategic Functions for the Community
- Provide professional development for case managers/social workers
- Set standards for best practices among homeless service providers
- Expand services and opportunities to the homeless
- Implement performance measurement systems to evaluate existing programs
- Increase housing stability in permanent and transitional housing
- Maintain and provide official counts, data, and information on the homeless