The Continuum of Care is primarily driven by 5 key federal national objectives:
- Create new permanent housing beds for the chronic homeless
- Increase percentage of homeless persons staying in permanent housing over 6 months
- Increase percentage of homeless persons moving from transitional housing to permanent housing
- Increase percentage of homeless persons employed when they exit programs
- Reduce the number of homeless households with children
- Reduce the number of persons experiencing homelessness.
- Increase income from mainstream benefits.
CoC Workplan 2012: