In order to receive services at an emergency or day shelter, you will need to obtain an HMIS Scan Card. Within 30 days of the issuance of a Scan Card, you will need to obtain a TB Test from the Tarrant County Public Health Department. Below are the steps and a schedule of where you can go to get the process started.
HMIS Scan Cards are created by TCHC staff at the following times:
|Day||True Worth Place
1513 E Presidio, FW
|The Salvation Army
1855 E Lancaster, FW
|First Street Methodist Mission
801 W 1st ST, FW
|Monday||7:00 am – 3:00pm|
|Tuesday||7:00 am – 3:00pm||8:00am – 1:00pm|
|Wednesday||7:00 am – 3:00pm||2:00pm – 4:30pm|
|Thursday||7:00 am – 3:00pm||8:00am – 1:00pm|
|Friday||7:00 am – 3:00pm||8:00am – 1:00pm|
|Saturday||12:00pm – 3:00pm|
For additional information contact the Homeless Helpline: (817) 996-8800.
STEPS TO TB SCREENING AND HMIS ID SCAN CARD ISSUANCE
- Newly homeless or clients with expiring permanent (white) scan cards must acquire an HMIS ID Scan Card in order to receive services at the emergency shelters.
- Clients will be interviewed to create or update their HMIS Client Record. They will receive a yellow temporary scan card with an expiration date sufficient to attend the next two TB Screenings.
- Clients will be instructed to go to the True Worth Place any day of the week to schedule a TB Test appointment between the hours of 7:00 am- 3:00pm. And The Salvation Army on Tuesday sand Thursdays between the hours of 8:00am and 1:00pm.
- TB Screening and chest X-Rays will be conducted at the True Worth Place, 1513 Presidio ST. Fort Worth TX. 76102. Screenings will be conducted on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, between the hours of 8:15 am and 11:45 am.
- TB Skin Test Results will be available 72 hours after TB test has been completed. TCHC Staff will make the cleared clients a permanent white HMIS ID scan card immediately following the skin test read.