A vibrant community where individuals and families have a place to call home and the resources to live their best life.
The Continuum of Care cultivates and creates partnerships to collectively impact effective and efficient community solutions for those experiencing homelessness.
COC STRATEGIC PLAN
With the goal of creating a Housing Crisis System of Care that can quickly respond to, and move people out of homelessness, our community must have intentional strategies to focus and scale our responses to homelessness. The community-wide strategic plan will unite municipalities, nonprofits, funders, business people, faith groups and invested citizens in their efforts to address homelessness. The plan is designed to meet immediate needs and also ensure that the CoC is well prepared for growth, expansion and new partnerships far into the future.
Community strategic goals drive the response to homelessness, helping determine what services are needed to best meet emerging needs and ensure services are efficient and effective. Goals include:
- Effective Response System: To build an effective and efficient housing crisis system of care.
- Data Driven Solutions: To develop better understanding of scope and need through data analysis and data sharing.
- Housing Focused: To ensure adequate housing stock and access.
- Engaged Community: To increase knowledge and community response around the issue of homelessness.
- Committed Resources: To maximize resources by strengthening commitment to support community members at risk of or experiencing homelessness.
COC STRATEGIC WORK PLAN
Build an effective and efficient housing crisis system of care
Identify and target priority populations
- Chronically Homeless
Pinpoint and engage in targeted interventions
- Rapid Exit
- Employment Triage
- Expansion of Direct Client Service Fund
- Decrease transitional housing for Veterans, transition to Rapid Rehousing
- Establish baseline metrics and create dashboard
Implement streamlined services
- Identify move-on strategies
- Automate the Coordinated Entry process
- Establish goals and metrics for subcommittees
Ensure capacity to deliver best practices
- Implement the progressive engagement model with people experiencing homelessness
- Pilot Learning Institute
Develop a better understanding of scope and need through data analysis and data sharing
Increase analysis of key data points to provide an objective perspective for stakeholders.
- System performance measures
- Performance by intervention
- Performance by population
- Coordinated Entry metrics
- Non-CoC grant metrics
Expand partnerships for increased data sharing.
- Internal data systems share data
- Integrate cross systems data: hospitals, jails, ISDs, housing lists, MHMR
- Integrate employment information
Ensure reliable and accurate data quality
- Map and redesign system data entry
- Streamline specific training
- Develop data quality metrics
- Identify secondary data sources and plan for incorporation
Implement cross systems analysis to understand resource utilization.
- Identify high utilizers
- Track employment in HMIS
- Family homelessness analysis
Ensure adequate housing stock and access
Work collaboratively with local government to prioritize policies and resources to support housing needs.
- CFW Affordable Housing Strategic Plan
- Arlington review of 10-year plan
Commitment with both public and private sector to develop solutions to meet current and projected need.
- Analyze utilization to determine need of people exiting homelessness
- Rapid Exit exits
- Rapid Rehousing units
- PSH units
Educate and support landlords
- Establish landlord engagement program
- Property management track within Learning Institute
Increase healthy and thriving communities that are affordable and accessible
- Determine baseline data
- Create dashboard
- Map out opportunities
Build bridges to increase partnership, cooperation and action around affordable housing in our community.
- Map out who is involved and how
- Identify giving opportunities
- Determine and inform about best ways to help
Increase knowledge and community response around the issue of homelessness
Increase the capacity of partners and stakeholders to influence the conversation around homelessness
- Quarterly updates to elected officials and civic leaders
- Conduct deskside briefings with key elected officials
- Create a cross-sector of elected, civic and private individuals to collaborate on PSH projects
Strengthen engagement to increase the community’s understanding of the issue
- Create speaker’s bureau
- Hold workshops at faith-based organizations, neighborhood associations and other groups
- Publish quarterly newsletter
Mobilize the community to support efforts to combat homelessness
- Establish a tiered membership campaign
- Create an education campaign including traditional and social media to increase awareness and motivate individual giving and volunteerism
Maximize resources by strengthening commitment to support community members at risk of or experiencing homelessness
Commitment to be performance driven
- Use cross-system data to conduct high utilization analysis to inform program structure for high risk populations
- Develop and incorporate metrics to identify populations at risk for mortality
- Develop studies and tools that optimize supportive services
- Develop priority population metrics
- Develop community performance dashboards
- Develop infrastructure to maintain performance metrics and dashboards
Ensure continuous quality improvement
- Identify all major processes, assign owners, map processes, identify metrics and use to inform policies
- Create and implement monitoring plans
- Identify tools to measure client well-being outcomes
- Identify tools to measure client satisfaction
Invest in partnerships to expand services
- Inventory existing partnerships
- Assess partnerships, address gaps and strengthen relationships
- Identify opportunities to expand business community partnerships
- Identify resources for performance-based measurement projects
- Explore innovative funding models
- Monitor alignment of funding with system needs and provide feedback